AsSalaamu Alaikum Dear Community Members,
Due to the gathering restrictions order and stay-at-home advisory issued by Governor Baker and the rapid spread of Coronavirus within our surrounding communities, the management of the Islamic Center of Burlington (ICB) announces the following to help safeguard our members, their families, and loved ones and the wider community.
All Ramadan activities including Iftar/Dinner, Taraweeh, and Sahoor at the Islamic Center of Burlington have been suspended until further notice.
Please, perform Taraweeh at home.
The Islamic Center of Burlington will not be hosting Jumu’ah prayers until further notice. Please, perform Jumu’ah with four adult males.
We are strictly following the 10-person limit for prayers and advise to bring your own prayer mat and use face mask. Please, plan accordingly.
Additionally, to help you and your families stay safe and healthy, we advise all to:
- Observe proper hygiene and take a few more seconds to perform Wudu thoroughly.
- Cover the mouth when coughing and sneezing with a cloth, not in one’s hands.
- Remain at home if you or someone at home is feeling sick.
- Those who traveled from a different country or state should stay and offer prayers at home for at least 14 days.
- The elderly with a preexisting medical condition are requested to stay home.
- The following groups are requested not to come to the masjid until further notice.
- Physically Weak
- Make Dua, offer more prayers, and rely on Allah’s assistance during these times.
- Consult reliable sources such as Mass.Gov, the CDC and the W.H.O. to obtain information about this pandemic. See links at the bottom of this message.
- To avoid the spreading of rumors or inaccurate information please, verify its authenticity before forwarding or sharing it with others.
For more information on COVID-19 and preventative care, please, visit the following websites.