Islamic Marriage Ceremony
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. May Allah bless you and your family. Our Islamic Center staff and Imam are glad to be a part of this joyous occasion. We want to make sure this will be a successful event for you and your future spouse.
Rules and Regulation for getting married at Islamic Center of Burlington:
- Only legal marriages can be performed at the Islamic Center of Burlington; both bride and groom must be Muslim.
- Only permanent residence (Green Card holder or US citizens) bride & groom Nikah will be performed at ICB.
- If one or both of the individuals have been previously married, you are required to inform the Imam & ICB before the time of your Nikah.
- The bride should be represented by a Wali (male guardian), usually the father. If he is not present, a blood relative of the bride will take permission from the father to represent the bride. If no blood relative is available, written consent must be obtained from the father prior to the marriage.
- The Mahr (dowry) which is to be paid to the bride must be fixed before the marriage.
- No un-Islamic behavior is allowed at any time in the Masjid & On-Premise. This includes immodest clothing, serving of haram food or drink, music, photography, and video recording.
- Only the Imam of ICB or an individual authorized by the ICB is allowed to perform the Nikah.
- No, Hadiya or any type of gift offered to Imam or whoever conducts Nikah.
- A marriage application form will be provided by ICB. The bride and groom must provide their legal names and the amount agreed upon for the Mahr.
- During Nikah, all document/registration procedures need to follow by both (Bride & groom) parties.
- Two Muslim males who know the couple or at least know the bride must be present, as witnesses during the ceremony
- A Wakeel/guardian for the bride, regardless of the bride’s age or prior marital status must be present, at and during the marriage ceremony.
- This Free service is provided by ICB as part of community services, the Masjid operates on donations. If you wish to make a donation, please drop a check or cash in the box located in the prayer hall or near the main entrance.